If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, my Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is perfect.
While I work from home as a blogger, dinner tends to be a struggle some nights.
Either I forget to take something out, or I just don’t have the energy to cook.
This is where having an Instant Pot saves my sanity. I am able to get delicious and healthy meals on the table with little effort or time.
Truth be told, I actually own two 8 qt Instant Pots!
We are a family of 5, 6 if my mom who has an in-law suite in the basement eats with us.
I also have a very large family, love hosting parties and meal plan too, so having two is a big help!
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
This Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe is bursting with flavour. It serves well over rice, cauliflower rice or even mashed potatoes!
Gather all of your ingredients, this will make the process faster than having to grab as you go.
Sauté the onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes.
Then add in the broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and hoisin sauce.
Stir until sugar has dissolved.
Once the sugar has dissolved, cancel the sauté setting and add beef.
Secure the lid on your Instant Pot and manual pressure cook for 15 minutes.
When the timer goes off, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
In the meantime, mix cornstarch and water in a dish.
Remove the lid carefully and add cornstarch mixture, stirring until thick.
Last but not least, set your Instant Pot to sauté and add the frozen broccoli.
Stir and let cook for about 3 minutes.
Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy!
If you are looking to lower your carb count, serve it on cauliflower rice instead.
You can even switch it up and serve it over some garlic mash too, it is delicious!
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1½ lbs stewing beef cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped and minced
- 1 cup beef broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 3-4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- Set your Instant Pot to the "sauté" setting and add canola oil. Start browning beef pieces for about 2 minutes and transfer to a plate.
- Sauté the onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and hoisin sauce. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, cancel the sauté setting and add beef. Secure the lid on your Instant Pot and manual pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, set your Instant Pot for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix cornstarch and water in a bowl. Remove the lid and add cornstarch mixture. Stir until thick.
- Set IP to sauté setting and add frozen broccoli. Stir and let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy!
Remember the cook time does not include the time it takes for your pressure cooker to come to pressure. The time it takes to come to pressure will vary.
Instant Pot Ultra Electric Pressure Cooker, 6Qt 10-in-1
Instant Pot Tempered Glass Lid
Genuine Instant Pot Silicone Springform Cake Pan
Genuine Instant Pot Silicone Springform Loaf Pan
Genuine Instant Pot Silicone Steam Rack
Genuine Instant Pot Silicone Steamer Basket
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 2215mg Carbohydrates: 61g Fiber: 16g Sugar: 25g Protein: 21g
Don’t Own An Instant Pot?
If you have yet to purchase an Instant Pot you can find them online at any of the retailers below!
Instant Pot Canada (Save $10 off a purchase of $99+ via my link)
Instant Pot US (Save $10 off a purchase of $99+ via my link)